Here are the Durufle conducting videos for the current Grinnell Singers.
To record your part:
1) Get your score.
2) When you are ready to sing, open the conducting videos above in a new tab.
3) Open your preferred camera application. You’ll need to be able to run the camera while viewing the conducting video. Make sure you’re wearing headphones so the mic doesn’t pick up sound from the video.
4) After your camera has started recording, begin playback of the conducting video. The conducting video starts with a 5 second countdown followed by a quick flash of white. To facilitate the process of syncing your voice with everyone else’s please clap your hands once loudly at the end of the five second countdown when the video flashes white and continue recording through the end of the piece.
5) When you’ve completed your recording, direct your browser to:
http://grinnell.mediaspace.kaltura.com/channel/Virtual%2BChoir/29825041 in a new window or tab.
Login with the username “virtualchoir” and enter the same for the password.
6) Click the Add Media button
7) Click the Add New button and select Media Upload
8) Select the file you wish to upload
9) Enter your Name and song name in the name field and other information you wish to share about yourself in the description field. Enter the part you are singing in the tag field.
10) Click the Save button at the bottom of the page. After saving your recording will be uploaded with the other submissions and will be edited together to create a virtual choir.